2. Information Collection
We collect personal information when you create an account with us, subscribe to our newsletter, or use our services. This information may include your name, email address, phone number, and other contact information.
3. Information Use
We use the personal information we collect to provide you with the services you request, to improve our website and services, and to communicate with you. We may also use your personal information for internal purposes, such as to monitor and analyse use of the website, and to improve the quality of our services.
4. Information Sharing
consent. We may share your personal information with service providers who help us provide our services, such as website hosting and email services.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
7. Personal Information Collected
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- Contact Information, such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number.
- Identity Information, such as date of birth, government-issued ID number, and passport information.
- Profile Information, such as username, password, and profile picture.
- Content Information, such as documents and information uploaded to the Service.
8. Use of Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes
- To provide and improve the Service, including to authenticate users, manage their accounts, and respond to customer support requests.
- To send administrative and promotional emails.
- To comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
9. Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties for the following purposes
- Service providers who assist us in providing the Service, such as hosting and storage providers.
- Law enforcement, government agencies, or other third parties as required by law or in connection with legal proceedings.
- Third parties with whom we may merge or be acquired by, in which case we may share your personal information with such third party.
10. Data Security
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we collect from unauthorised access, use, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
11. Your Rights
You have the following rights with respect to your personal information
- To access, update, or delete your personal information.
- To request a copy of your personal information.
- To withdraw your consent for us to collect or use your personal information.
- The Vcare allows browsing of the site without the need to sign up. In this case, no specific personal information is collected that could identify the user individually.
- To sign up for a Vcare account, the user must provide their personal mobile number and may link their account with their Aadhaar number for authentication purposes. During the Aadhaar authentication process, the user's eKYC details are collected and associated with their Vcare account.
- Issuers may push documents or certificates to the user's Vcare account in electronic form or through a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI).
- Vcare does not share or disclose any information, including eKYC details collected from Aadhaar during sign-up, with any individual or organisation unless it is required by law or authorised by the account holder with their consent.
- The Vcare account holder has the liberty to share their uploaded documents or URIs with any individual or organisation at their discretion and with their express consent. The responsibility of sharing documents lies with the user only, as Vcare merely facilitates the sharing process.
- Vcare allows users to see and analyse the activity log of any document or URI shared by them with various individuals and organisations for transparency and choice.
Personal and usage information collected may be shared with other organisations if Vcare believes in good faith that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or government requests;
- To detect, prevent, or address fraud, security, or technical issues and to investigate potential violations;
- To protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Vcare, other users, or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Provide clear and concise information about what personal information is collected, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared.
- Be transparent about the data collection, storage, and processing practices and explain what security measures are in place to protect personal information.
- Clearly explain the user's rights with regards to their personal information, such as the right to access, correct or delete their information.
- Explain the process for reporting privacy violations or concerns and the steps that will be taken to resolve them.
- Provide clear information about the retention period for personal information and explain when and how it will be deleted.
- Consider offering additional privacy controls and options for users, such as the ability to limit data sharing or restrict the use of certain data fields.